Double Major Program
Double Major Program
The procedures and principles regarding the double major programs are applied in compliance with the provisions of CoHE “Regulations for Transfer within Associate and Bachelor’s Degree Programs, Double Major Degrees, Minor Degrees and Inter-university Credit Transfer” and ABU Directive on Double Major and Minor Programs.
· Students may apply for an officially sanctioned double major program at the beginning of their 3rd semester at the earliest and at the beginning of their 6th semester at the latest in their major program.
· To be able to apply for a double major program, a student must have successfully completed all credit courses taken in the major diploma program up to that time.
· At the time of the application, the student’s GPA in the major program must be a minimum of 2.80 out of 4.00.
· The student must be among the most successful 20% of the students in the major diploma program.
Assessment of Applications
· After taking into consideration the recommendations of the heads of both departments (the one in which the student is registered and the one to which the student has applied) or the opinions of the deans of faculties in the absence of heads of the department, students are accepted to the double major program upon the assent of the board of the faculty to which the department applied for belongs.
· The double major program does not have any influence on the student’s success in or graduation from the primary major program. A separate transcript is issued for the double major program.
· Students cannot enroll for more than one double major program at a time.
2. Transcript and course contents
3. Document certifying that the student ranks among the most successful 20% in the major diploma program
4. For Turkish nationals, the internet print-out of the result of the LYS (Undergraduate Placement Examination) scores dating to the year the exam was taken
Mode of Application and Contact
Applications must be submitted from 30 January to 03 February 2017 with complete documentation to the Antalya Bilim University Directorate of Student Affairs. Applications with missing documents and late applications will not be considered.
Applications may be mailed to the address below. If applications are by post, we will send an email to the e-mail address provided in the application to inform you of the arrival of the documents.
Application address: Antalya Bilim University
Student Affairs Office
Üniversite Cad. No:2 07190 Döşemealtı- Antalya
Application and Assessment Calendar
|Start Date||End Date||Start Date||End Date||Start Date||End Date|
Achievement and Graduation
· Throughout the double major program, the cumulative GPA of the student may only go below 2.60 once. Students whose GPA falls below 2.60 for a second time will be disenrolled from the program.
· Students who do not take any courses within their double major programs for two semesters in a row will be disenrolled from their second major diploma program.
· Students have the right to quit the undergraduate double major program of their own will.
· Students who complete their double major undergraduate program with a GPA of at least 2.80 in both major programs and obtain the right to graduate from both major programs are granted undergraduate diplomas in their own major program and the second major program. Students who complete their double major programs may enjoy the rights accorded to undergraduate and associate degree diplomas in both major fields.
· Senior double major students who have successfully complete all courses within the second major program but still have not completed the requirements of the first major program will obtain the right to the diploma of the second major program only after the completion of the first major program. Students who obtain the right to graduate from the first major program but have not completed the graduation requirements of the second major program may be extended a maximum of two extra semesters to finish their studies, upon the assent of the board of the second major program.
· Students who lose their right to graduate from the second major program might be granted a minor degree on the condition that they meet the requirements of the minor degree by the time they graduate the major program.
· Students who are disenrolled from the first major program will be automatically disenrolled from the second major program.
· Students who graduate from the first major program in a double major program continue their studies according to the procedures of the second major program.
Announcement of Results and Adaptation Program
· Results of minor degree application assessments will be announced on 10 February 2017 by the Antalya Bilim University Directorate of Student Affairs on the website of the university.
· Departments offering the two major programs decide together on the courses to be acknowledged within both major programs.
· The final Faculty Board decision about the courses already taken is made at the time the student is admitted to the double major program, whereas the decision about courses in common between the two majors will be made at a later time, during the semesters in which the courses are taken. In the event that there are courses in common between the two majors, such courses will be taken within the primary major program. These common courses are included in the semester records of both major programs and in both transcripts. If the student withdraws from a common course, the withdrawal procedure applies to both major programs.
· A double major student has the right to an undergraduate transfer to the second major program if he or she meets the requirements to transfer within the main undergraduate major program.